Saturday, October 03, 2009

Flag Football

Awhile back I was looking into getting Trent into sports once he turned 3 and came across this awesome program at the YMCA called Small Frys Sports. They get together every Saturday for about an hour and rotate different sports each month for the kids to try. I absolutely love this concept!! I want my kids to be able to try different things so when they are older they are able to pick what they want to do. This month is flag football and we had no idea what to expect. It was pretty a mini practice for the kids that keeps the parents very involved in helping them. They practiced throwing and catching, running in and out of cones and back and forth. Trent's favorite part was running!!! The first time he ran no one told him where to stop so he just kept running until we yelled for him to stop, it was hilarious! I think the way this will work is that they will practice 3 out 4 Saturdays and then last one have a little game of some sorts. Either way, Trent loved it and it's a great way to introduce sports into his life. When we were leaving he told me I hurt his feelings. I asked him why and said because we were leaving :-) We made sure he knew we would be back next week.

1 comment:

Grandpa-Bob said...

He needs a Peyton Manning jersey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers