Sunday, October 22, 2006

Our little Burrito


Last time we went to the doctor we found out that Trent is colicky. The doctor gave us some information and a new formula to try to help soothe him. One of the main things she suggested was to swaddle the baby since it reminds them of being in their mommy's belly. Well, for the life of us, David and I cannot keep him swaddled in a blanket without him wiggling out of it within seconds. Some people had bought us these swaddle blankets as gifts that at first were a bit confusing but after playing with them I figured out how to get him swaddled nice and tightly where he can't wiggle out. It really seems to work! He's been sleeping so much better since we've been doing this. When he's all wrapped up we think he looks like a little Trent Burrito.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to eat him up... he's too cute! I can't wait to see yall for Thanksgiving! Love you!

Love, Brittany

Anonymous said...

Justin was colicky too when he was a baby. He would be fine all day, and then around dinner time (6:30ish) he'd get fussy..I used to wrap him up tightly and put him in car seat and set him on top of a running dryer. It took about 10 minutes, but he'd finally stop..

I have heard a lot about what they call the Miracle Blanket..I think u can buy it at Babies R Us. you might look into that, too. I have a lot of friends that take highly of it.. Good luck with it..A colicky baby is stressful, but hang in there....it will pass. Remember that they can sense your stress and emotions, so stay calm and it'll be 100 times better. I feel for ya.. been there, done that..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers