Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday

So today our little man is 2! I really can't get over how quick 2 years has gone by. It's amazing how dependent and unaware of the world he was 2 years ago and now he's talking, has an opinion and a distinct personality. I truly love him more and more everyday and have enjoyed the ups and downs to being a mom (even when those hard times are hard.) For his birthday, David and I took the day off from work and took him to the zoo. It was a great day to go because it wasn't very crowded at all! At first I think he enjoyed running around more than anything but really had fun when we saw birds and the "kitty cats". Most of the animals were sleeping or laying around so I think it was hard for him to really see them sometimes. They also had a part of the zoo called Texas Wild were he had a ton of fun. They had areas for him to climb, buttons to push to hear animal sounds and a small petting area with goats, pigs and chickens. Trent also had his very first train ride and really enjoyed it. We sat there and said "Choo Choo" as we went around and saw the different parts of the zoo. After our busy day at the zoo we came home and we all took a very much needed nap. After our naps, we hung out and relaxed and ordered some mexican food for dinner. We got Trent a mini cake and he enjoyed every bite! He was even licking his fingers as he ate it. After a VERY much needed bath we gave him his presents (a fire truck and his new favorite toy, cars!) We also got him a little book shelf for his play room which I think I like more than he does :-) Overall, it has been a great day and it's so nice to be able to do more activities with him now that he is getting older. I can't wait to see what the next year brings us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he had such a fun, great birthday! I LOVE all of the pictures ;) He is such a little man! It is awesome to see how much he's grown and developed! I miss and love you!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers