Friday, February 13, 2009

Carter David is here!

Carter is finally here! We arrived to the hospital around 5am on Thursday February 12th to be induced. The labor moved along perfectly with the medications they gave me and our little guy arrived at 1:39pm. He weighs 9lbs 8oz and is 21 in long. After birth, he did wonderful but I unfortunately did not. The doctor had trouble stopping my bleeding, so I lost a lot of blood and was extremely sick afterwards. I later found out later that I was the lucky one yesterday because 2 other women had similar problems but they ended up having to have hysterectomies. They gave me some medications and after some rest and food I was finally feeling better. They kept us in labor and delivery until around 9pm last night. After getting moved and settled in post partum, David and I finally got some sleep last night and are doing great.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

OMG! I had no idea you were so sick! I am so glad to see you are home and doing well - uterus and all :)

Take care of those sweet babies. I can't wait to meet Carter!

Meg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers