Sunday, April 05, 2009

Conversations

Everyone tells you to write down the things that your children say so here are some of my recent conversations I've had with Trent lately.

Friends
We were leaving my brother and sister in law's house one night. Trent had fun playing with his cousins and the twins, Carson & Logan.

Me: Did you have fun with your friends Carson & Logan?
Trent: Had fun with Carson & Logan! What friends?
Me: Friends are the people you play with that make you happy. Do Carson & Logan make you happy?
Trent: Yeah, make me happy. Carson & Logan are friends.
Trent sat in the back quietly for a minute then he said. "Ma Ma, car's friends too"

I just had to giggle because cars do make him happy!!

The Gym
At my gym the have the Kids Club where they watch your kids while you workout. I took Trent up there yesterday thinking he would have fun playing and getting out of the house. I dropped him off and he was really upset and kept saying "I don't want to play!!" I know that sometimes he has trouble with the seperation so I checked with the girls there that it was ok for me to leave because I knew he would be fine in a little bit, well so I thought. I go back and he's just sitting there with big tears in his eyes waiting for me! I asked the girls if he played at all and they said he did but just started looking for me again. We get in the car and I start talking to him about it.

Me: Did you not have fun at the gym?
Trent: No. Not fun.
Me: Did you miss me? Were you sad?
Trent: I missed ma ma.
Me: Did you cry?
Trent: I cried. I sorry ma ma.
Me: It's ok!! You don't have to be sorry!!

My heart just melted!! Sweet little guy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting your conversations...it gives us newer mommies the opportunity to prepare ourselves ;) Braden's newest is "Uh-oh, Teagan's sleeping." or "Uh-oh, Teagan's crying" (even when she is not crying!).

Alison said...

Just wait, once they start they don't stop! :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers