Monday, April 27, 2009

Road Trip to Houston

Since my dad's surgery to remove his bladder I have been wanting to go visit him before returning to work. He still needed some time after the surgery before having visitors. Last Wednesday Ginger and my dad gave me the go ahead to come on to Houston for a weekend visit! So I got all packed up Thursday and left around 5am on Friday morning. David wasn't able to go since he had to work all weekend so it was just the boys and me. I was a little nervous traveling with two little ones but they both did great!!! We only had to stop once for breakfast and a break on the way there and back. I will say the hardest part about traveling by yourself with two little kids is bathroom breaks. I had drank a couple of redbulls so I had to use the restroom really bad but to stop I would have woken them both up and didn't want to take the chance so just kept on going. We arrived around 10:30am on Friday morning. When we got there I got unloaded and took over their house with baby chairs, swings, bags of clothes, diapers, bottles and all the fun stuff! At a garage sale Ginger had a found Trent a little desk so we got that all set up in the living room and he had his own little play area. Later Trent, Grandpa Bob and I laid down for naps while Carter hung out with GG (Grandma Ginger). We had a quiet evening and just hung out watching tv, eating and playing with Trent. Grandpa Bob was playing catch with Trent which he really liked! We had to keep reminding Trent to be gentle and not throw things at Grandpa because his stomach is still healing from the surgery. Before you know it Grandpa Bob will be running around with him!!! Saturday morning Ginger and I went to a community garage sale with the kids. We were very amused by how Trent wore my sunglasses! I think it's so funny how he puts them on upside down!! While garage selling, I found a magnetic fishing pole that Trent loved playing with. Him and Grandpa had a lot of fun with this! For lunch we had some food from this Tea Room they have in Houston. They have the best soup and chicken salad sandwich!! (Adrianne, it was SO good!! :-) ) After nap time I took Trent outside to play with his play-doh set that I brought down for him. He had a blast with it! Carter enjoyed watching his big brother playing. That night Ginger had a bridal shower to go to so Trent, Carter and I hung out with Grandpa Bob watching a movie and playing some more. I helped Trent put his new puzzle together which took a good 15-20 mins. Once it was together he broke it apart and then tried pushing it under the rug! That's a boy for you! Sunday morning we all took it easy. Dad made us some eggs and bacon for breakfast and that was very yummy! I love his breakfasts!!!!! When Ginger got home from church she took Trent to Target and got him some gardening tools, car PJs and some of his own sunglasses. (This kid is always so spoiled by all of his grandparents! That is their job and they all sure do it well :-) ) They spent most of the day in the yard planting flowers and watering them. Then Trent watered me and GG!!! LOL He had a great time! He was even talking about it at dinner. How he dug holes in the dirt and put flowers in. We then left at 5am this morning and got home around 10:30am. It was raining pretty hard when I hit the Dallas area so that was not fun but we made it home safe and sound.



Trent and Grandpa Bob








Trent sneaking in Grandpa's chair!









Puzzle complete


































Puzzle destroyed!

I'm so glad I got to take the boys to Houston! The last time we were there was when Trent was about 9 months old, way too long ago. He had such a great time playing with his Grandpa Bob & GG and I think they had a great time playing with him. Carter just enjoyed being around everyone and "talking" to them. I'll be going back to work next Monday and am extremely sad but am happy that I got visit to Houston in before returning. Now I'm just waiting for Adrianne, Nigel, Braden and Teagan to arrive from North Carolina on Thursday.

1 comment:

Grandpa-Bob said...

We so enjoyed the visit...please come back soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers