Monday, April 20, 2009

Trip to the zoo

So we finally had a beautiful Monday to go and have a fun family activity. David and I decided to take the boys to the zoo. The weather was perfect, in the mid 70s, the zoo wasn't very crowded and we all had such an awesome time. I even think Carter enjoyed the fresh air and being outside. It was so amazing to me taking Trent to the zoo about 7 months from the first time we went. He actually knew what the names of the animals were, what most of them "say" or do and had a great time looking at them all! I think his favorite part was the bugs, snakes and lizards. It was also very cool to go to the Dallas Zoo instead of the Fort Worth Zoo. I have heard from so many people that the Fort Worth Zoo is better but I think they are both very fun and different. One thing I really liked about the Dallas Zoo is that it had a wonderful Children's Play Area. They had a slide and tunnels and a little stream of water that kids were playing in. I would love to go back and let Trent spend more time there! One of the highlights was feeding the bearded dragon (see video). Trent was the only kid in the discovery house so he got to feed him a few times and LOVED it! He also got to pet a bunny in the barn area. After several attempts to pick up the bunny we had to move on. They also had a white alligator there. It was very cool! Trent asked to go swimming with him...we of course said no :-) Another amusing part was the larger lizard (I'm not sure of his official name) but he kept crawling up the window and Trent got really scared he was going to come out to get him. Then as we walked all through the zoo Trent started collecting sticks (this child loves sticks! I have to make him leave them by the door or they would be all over our house!) It was actually so funny to me that we had so much going on yet he still stopped for sticks. Funny little guy! Overall, it was a fun but exhausting day. I'm so happy we finally got the chance to get out of the house and do something on one of our last Mondays together!



Coloring a gorilla mask in the discovery house













The lizard that scared him












The bunny he kept trying to pick up!

2 comments:

Grandpa-Bob said...

What a nice family day. You even had a picnic lunch. I can’t wait to see all of you when I can travel again.

Alison said...

It really was such a nice day! When we put Trent to put that night he kept asking "Zoo tomorrow?" so sweet!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers