Thursday, March 05, 2009

The red dog

When Carter was born, David took Trent to the drug store so he could pick out a birthday gift for him. Since it was so close to Valentine's day he ended up picking out a stuffed red dog. Trent has not been the type of brother that wants to hold the baby or feed him but shows these little signs of affection. For example, in the morning he looks for Carter so he can tell him good morning. When I change Carter's diapers he'll go grab powder and wipes without me even asking. And my favorite thing he does is he gives Carter his dog. These pictures are ones that I have taken when I have randomly found the dog on Carter. I'll be in the other room and go to check on the baby and find the dog like this. I think it's absolutely adorable that Trent wants to make sure he has his red dog :-) What a sweet little guy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trent just wants to make sure Carter is protected in his sleep! That's hysterical how he is SO passed out with that dog on him ;)

Grandpa-Bob said...

That is so cute. Better than having Jake lay on you. I think Carter and the Red Dog look like me too...

Alison said...

You know I can see it in the red dog for sure!! Carter is still too little :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers